Thursday, December 06, 2007

Which Kind of Homeschooler Are You?

A quick comparison of Advent projects:

Cottage Blessings
Amy Welborn

The first link is the sort of homeschooling that, while certainly admirable, makes me want to curl up on the floor with a bottle of gin.

I thought we were doing well to have both an Advent wreath and a Jesse Tree this year. We had a live Christmas tree for a day, courtesy of my mom, but decided it would be better not to have to call the EMTs for Eudoxus' asthma, and relocated it to the back patio, where it looks charming (and is easier to water).

5 Comments:

Blogger Alice Gunther said...

ROFL!

Oh, and I hear you about the Christmas tree. Last year, I thought I was coming down with something. The illness never got much beyond sneezing and the feeling of having a mild head cold. It took me two weeks to figure out I was allergic to the tree!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Sophia said...

That's so funny! Yeah, I used to visit the first site from time to time, but it drove me to strong drink, too. (JK) I am so with the 2nd site. Good for you on the Advent Wreath and the Jesse Tree! I think that is awesome with a new babe in the house.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Darwin said...

I never feel like I need a particular reason to curl up with a bottle of gin (preferably Citadel or Plymouth). Gin and curling up somewhere are both such good things to do...

11:34 AM  
Blogger mrsdarwin said...

Is that first one for real? That's why I've basically stopped reading homeschooling sites -- because we've slacked off to basically nothing and I don't need it rubbed in my face. :)

We made an advent wreath, but we don't usually get a tree until right before Christmas, and then it's haphazardly decorated with our haphazard collection of ornaments (which gets smaller each year due to breakage).

9:30 AM  
Blogger The Opinionated Homeschooler said...

Regarding breakable ornaments: After Christmas, I recommend finding a place that sells Mexican imports (pretty easy to find around here) and buy some painted tin ornaments. They're beautiful, cheap, and unbreakable. Our tree is now mostly breakproof, thanks to a cat that likes to play pinata with ornaments.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home