Thursday, August 23, 2007

Habemus Infantem

Healthy, beautiful baby girl, born July 16. 20 1/2" long; 9 lb. 4 oz. (I'm only 5'2", if that gives a clue how uncomfortable those last few weeks were).

From her namesake:

"I would like the angels of Heaven to be among us. I would like an abundance of peace. I would like full vessels of charity. I would like rich treasures of mercy. I would like cheerfulness to preside over all. I would like Jesus to be present. I would like the three Marys of illustrious renown to be with us. I would like the friends of Heaven to be gathered around us from all parts. I would like myself to be a rent payer to the Lord; that I should suffer distress, that he would bestow a good blessing upon me. I would like a great lake of beer for the King of Kings. I would like to be watching Heaven's family drinking it through all eternity."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats.

Now you should perform the experiment that Kottke did, to see if you can reproduce his results.

http://www.kottke.org/07/07/iphone-wii-ollie-accelerometer


Joel

12:45 PM  
Blogger mrsdarwin said...

Congratulations! I've been watching anxiously to see when you would resurface. Hope that baby is healthy and happy and being a bit gentler on you these days. :)

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home