Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Hallowe'en Playlist

Lightnin' Hopkins, Black Ghost Blues
Roky Erickson and the Aliens, Two Headed Dog
Mozart, Dies Irae
Robyn Hitchcock, Sleeping With Your Devil Mask
Tom Waits, Cemetery Polka
Frank Sinatra, Witchcraft
Roky Erickson and the Aliens, Creature With the Atom Brain
Mussorgsky, A Night on the Bare Mountain
The Pogues, Haunting
Carl Stalling, Anxiety Montage
Roky Erickson and the Aliens, Night of the Vampire
Hoodoo Gurus, Dig It Up
Bach, Toccata and Fugue in B Minor
Squirrel Nut Zippers, Hell
Roky Erickson and the Aliens, I Think of Demons
Camper Van Beethoven, Oh Death
The Judys, Ghost in a Bikini
Tom Waits, Black Box Theme
Robert Johnson, Hellhound on My Trail
Bauhaus, Bela Lugosi's Dead
Roky Erickson and the Aliens, I Walked With a Zombie
Carl Orff, O Fortuna
The Mekons, Club Mekon

Yes, I am stuck in the 80's. And I like Roky Erickson. If Keep Austin Weird is our civil creed, Roky is our high priest.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, the Judy's! They were that band out of Pearland? They played at Rice once. Incredibly politically incorrect -- I can still sing "Guyana Punch."

It's things like this that make my Opus Dei friends give up on me.

4:52 PM  
Blogger The Opinionated Homeschooler said...

My kids love "The Moo Song." Fortunately they haven't figured out what the lyrics to "The Grass is Greener" are actually saying.

I think there's someplace on the net where you can download their songs.

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home