Seven unhelpful things non-homeschoolers should stop saying
1. But what about socialization?
2. I just think it’s wrong.
3. I could never homeschool. I couldn’t stand to be around my kids that much.
4. I could never homeschool. My children are social and need to have friends.
5. What makes you think you can teach them all they need to know?
6. What makes you think you can teach as well as a trained teacher?
7. Why do you want to rob your children of a normal childhood?
Seven unhelpful things homeschoolers should stop saying
1. I don’t know why anybody would want to put their children in an institution.
2. Public schools are eeeeevil because of anti-Christian bias…
3. … political correctness. …
4. … the mainstreaming of homosexuality …
5. … student violence …
6. … teacher sexual abuse Ritalin prescriptions sex ed classes dumbed-down curriculum lack of discipline age segregation forced attendance zero tolerance policies junk food machines social promotion cliques bullying lockdowns standardized testing random drug searches mainstreaming no prayers in the classroom ability tracking government monopoly evolution creationism socialist propaganda right-wing indoctrination.
7. You know, the whole public school system is really based on the eighteenth-century Prussian educational system. Yep, really.